Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Anyone have access to the recall that was put on 2008+ police only Impalas to check and see whether GM has upgrade front control arm part numbers?

Much appreciated, cheers

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Overkill, I recommend checking with GM of Canada agents to see what information they may be able to access for you. Contact Us displays not only their hotline number but also online means of communicating with GM of Canada agents.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
I searched them yesterday.. tring to fix my rear camber issue. Getting my information ready to head out to the dealer that way I can fight to get it done for free.

·
3,934 Posts
I knw right, some how im going to throw shit in there face. Thanks to all the TSBs and documents. The link I posted has all tsbs on some other years also. That's a lot of f'n problems

·
3,934 Posts
Just hoping to get 2 free rear tires and my rear camber fixed and alignment.

·
3,934 Posts
Can you get a car fixed with a TSB without warranty and no recall. But have documents of other customers and a recall of other year impalas.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Probly not
Thousands of tsb get put out on cars. Its not really a recall type thing its just letting the tech know how to do something or what to look for if some symtoms are happening.

now a recall they would have to replace it no questions asked out of warranty

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Doubtful that you are getting new tires on a five your old car on General Motors tab.

·
3,934 Posts
5 year old car? Mine is a 2011 but has same issue with the 08 model.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
A TSB is an informational bulletin, nothing to do with warranty, and is not a recall.

·
3,934 Posts
ok thanks guys.

·
3,934 Posts
Ok cool... see what you can do to help us members

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Are the original un-modified 9C1 9C3 control arm part numbers different from the Civvy models?

Thanks for the TSB.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are yes but I'm uncertain yet in what way. The front donut bushings are specified different on police vs civilian but there must be more that they've done to strengthen these particular control arms against breakage, whether its increased welding in the construction or larger ball joints etc I don't yet know.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
They are yes but I'm uncertain yet in what way. The front donut bushings are specified different on police vs civilian but there must be more that they've done to strengthen these particular control arms against breakage, whether its increased welding in the construction or larger ball joints etc I don't yet know.
I'd be interested to know what the difference between the Civvy and the replacement 9C1 9C3 A arms is.

Like many other fleet/cop duty parts... They may not be any better just different.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts