Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, just purchased a very nice CPO 2015 Impala LT2. I see that I can purchase a new HMI 2.5 module to get the navigation and Apple/Android connectivity. Cost seems to run around $800-$1300.

Is there anyone that can reprogram a module? There must be some in junk yards and I see them on ebay for $200-$300.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have a 15' LTZ and want to add Apple Car Play/Android Auto as well. Looking for details also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Definitely count me interested as well - trying to figure out how I can do this as a low-cost operation, but I think it's important enough to probably pay what I gotta.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2014 that only had OnStar navigation and no apple car play/android auto. I bought the modules to upgrade it on Ebay for $1200 and swapped/added the modules myself.(not hard to do). I gave them my vin and it came preprogrammed for my car. To get navigation it's just swapping the HMI and running the gps antenna but to get apple car play/android auto there is a second module that the 2014 year doesn't have as that wasn't an option for 2014. Though expensive i think it's worth it. I use android auto all the time. Mainly for pandora and waze and sometimes an app called "scanner radio" (live police scanner app). I also still have the original HMI module if I ever need to switch it back.

Hope this helps. If you got any questions hit me up and I'll do my best to answer them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts