Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 LT Limited.
As yous know Its the not the New Style Impala.

My question is the Suspension feels like my old Grand Pappys 87 Chrysler 5th Avenue.

Im under the assumption that the FE3 is the sport suspension version in the Impala.
Where and what would I need to upgrade this suspension the firm up the ride?

Is more needed than just the Springs and struts?
Is it Just a simple swap?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I bought new readi-struts (new springs mounted on new struts ready to install) for my '10 LT a couple years ago, without checking here first, but it is my understanding now that there are 3 levels of suspension for the 3 levels of trim.

It replaced my worn out suspension so that was nice, but was no upgrade at all, because I chose the replacement parts for an LT.

I'm still not clear on the sway bar specs for levels of suspension, but from reading this site, there are FE1, 2 and 3, 3 being the LTZ.

I shied away from getting an LTZ when I was looking for an newer Gen 8 Impala until I drove one, and having bought a '16 LTZ, I do know that the 18" 50 series tires of the LTZ are a big part of the handling improvement in the FE3.

I am still unclear if the FE3 is the same as the Police version of struts/springs, because they list them as separate from the LTZ. I think the brakes are bigger for the Police package.

I think you can just order the struts and springs combos for an LTZ and bolt them in, but the exact specs for sway bars, someone else will have to post on.

Most here who do upgrades are going aftermarket for sway bars anyway, so the brand and part numbers for the sway bars and end links would probably be how you should approach that portion of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts