Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey hows everyone doing im new to the site. I just had a quick question. Some guy that usually shops at my work mentioned to me that his 08 impala ss clicks when you start it in cold weather and so he took it in. they told him it was his lifters and that the 08 ss impalas have a recall on them but gmc isnt telling anyone due to their financial issues. So sure enough i went to go start my car a few minutes later my car also made the clicking. So i was wondering if any of you have heard of this issue? he said it was $2800 worth of labor/parts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
2800 for lifters :eek:

seems high but who knows... I havent heard anything about a recall yet, hoipefully Blu will chime in. I know the 3800s are a bit noisey from the start...

·
Registered
557 Posts
I know there was a silent recall around 2002 for all 3.4L's, they replaced pistons, but they cancelled the recall and called the problem "normal"

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have done some looking around and havent found anything on a recall for this problem, but that doesnt mean its not out there. Most likely with something like this they have only had a few problems of this kind and are currently trying to figure out which vehicles this applies to and what is the cause of it before they come out with TSB or recall giving the cause of the problem and the solution.

·
Registered
197 Posts
could be poor oil choice. The SS uses an LSX derived motor that is far from unreliable or problem prone. You probably got smoke blown up your butt. Things make noises in the cold. Oil doesn't flow too well when cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts