Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my 2001 Impala I can only assume that my brake lights and turn signals are connected in some way because my turn signals stopped working out of the blue along with my brake lights. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks so much in advance

Mindy

·
Registered
358 Posts
i would try to put new bulbs in that might work if not it might be some electrical.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i would try to put new bulbs in that might work if not it might be some electrical.
It's not the bulbs - from what I am finding is it may be the entire turn signal switch ($250.00) but I'm going to keep searching. They (people on the internet) say that this is a common issue but it seems there would be a recall or something. I found a similar problem on the net: Turn Signals

UPDATE: It wasn't the turn signal switch :( - Now I'm waiting on a part to come in. The Hazard multi function switch located right behind the hazard button on the dash... to be continued

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bump...
any updates?

I have an 02 Impala and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't, it's weird.

·
Registered
657 Posts
54warrior, i responded to your thread. its your hazard switch that needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Mindy,
I had the same problem recently. Some folks said it was a bad relay switch. Others said it was a bad hazard switch. Turn out dealer said it was a burned out bulb. That is what it was and they wanted to charge me $35. I don't think so. Very easy to change. Hope this helps.:smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts