Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2004 Impala that used to be a police car. It was the 9C3 undercover package. Yesterday, my left turn signal started blinking very fast when I would turn it on. The front blinker is still working, although it is blinking very fast. The rear blinker was not working. I changed the bulb, even though the old one didn't look bad. It didn't work. The bulb still lights up for other things, but it won't flash when I turn the turn signal on or when I turn the emergency flashers on. I'm not sure where to start looking next. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Check the wiring at the housing. Make sure you purchased the right bulb. Try swapping new bulb into the other tail light to test it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
The relay for the flashers is built into the emergency flasher button on the dash if that helps any. Mine wont work sometimes until I turn the emergency flashers on then off. But it sounds like you may have done that already

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Almost sounds like you used a 3156 bulb instead of a 3157 bulb?

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
If either the front or rear blinks for both the left and right turn signals and hazards, I'm pretty sure the hazard switch is ok. When the hazards are on the switch makes both sides blink, but when it is off it simple passes the turn signals signal - so it operates in both the ON and OFF position.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If either the front or rear blinks for both the left and right turn signals and hazards, I'm pretty sure the hazard switch is ok. When the hazards are on the switch makes both sides blink, but when it is off it simple passes the turn signals signal - so it operates in both the ON and OFF position.
Replaced hazard switch and every the multi-function switch. Still not working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The relay for the flashers is built into the emergency flasher button on the dash if that helps any. Mine wont work sometimes until I turn the emergency flashers on then off. But it sounds like you may have done that already
Same problem here. Replaced hazard switch and every the multi-function switch. Still not working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts