Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One complaint I had with my 2010 Impala was that the turn signal flasher was not loud enough. Knowing that it was integrated into the BCM and/or radio, there was no way to change to a different flasher. So I decided to live with it. Out of curiosity, I looked at the chime setting which was at "normal'. I chnaged it to "loud" and it also changed the volume of the turn signal flasher volume to an acceptable level. The owner's manual DOES NOT mention this, and a search here did not find anything, so I felt that I should post this as it might help others.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
That's interesting. How long did it take you to find that feature? Thanks for sharing! Info ALWAYS appreciated

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting. How long did it take you to find that feature? Thanks for sharing! Info ALWAYS appreciated
I discovered it when I reset the chime volume, and noticed next time I drove the car the turn signals were louder. So I set the chime volume back to normal, and the turn signals went to a lower volume. So I will keep this set to "loud".

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Wow......Then, it's definitely a bonus to find this post if you're wondering! lol Nice work!

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
im with snaggle. where do you go to find it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
To change the Chime setting you will use what I believe is the 3rd button down out of the four that are located on the dashboard just to the right of the cluster. (where you reset you tip and check your tire pressure) It is the only button that you have to be in park to use. Then keep hitting it until you find Chime and change it to your desired volume

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
That's kinda stupid you can't turn it off.:/

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
That's kinda stupid you can't turn it off.:/
Not really. Ever driven behind an old person in FL? If it could be completely silenced, driving there would be ridiculous. LOL.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Not really. Ever driven behind an old person in FL? If it could be completely silenced, driving there would be ridiculous. LOL.
You talkin about how they drive with their blinker on? And I haven't been to Florida.... yet.:hope:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
You talkin about how they drive with their blinker on?
Yup! :eek:k3:

It is seriously ridiculous. Funny the first 1000 times, irritating after that. I ahve been to FL 2x in the past 4 weeks...... ridiculous.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
i think old people do that everywhere, theres just a surplus of them in florida. but i used to drive my ex's dads 2008 impala, and yeah the signal is wayyy too quiet.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Yeah. It aggravates the shit out of me when I see people driving with it on.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
i see how it could easily get left on though, especially if you have any sort of music on, or even a window down

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
But with me, I'm lookin straight ahead and I can see it flashing in my eye. Lol.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To change the Chime setting you will use what I believe is the 3rd button down out of the four that are located on the dashboard just to the right of the cluster. (where you reset you tip and check your tire pressure) It is the only button that you have to be in park to use. Then keep hitting it until you find Chime and change it to your desired volume
Sorry for not responding sooner. My computer crashed a couple weeks ago and I am just now getting caught back up. But this is how you go about resetting it. And, I don't know about Pre-2010, but on mine, regardless of the volume, after driving a certain distance it will sound a chime every time it flashes and will display the message "TURN SIGNAL ON" which will be noticed by those who forget to turn it off.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts