Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Impala convertible, 3-stage candy red with slight gold pearl, full custom black leather interior
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a Turboglide trans and need help identifying what year it was made. Below the word Turboglide on the case are all the patent numbers but I don't see any other numbers. I know they were made from 58-61 and there were changes made throughout production so it would be great to know what I have. I've done some web searches but no luck so far. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
674 Posts
If no one answers here, they was actually a Turboglide club registry at one time. Although I haven't heard anything in a while, they could still be active. They would know for sure.

·
Registered
59 Impala convertible, 3-stage candy red with slight gold pearl, full custom black leather interior
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If no one answers here, they was actually a Turboglide club registry at one time. Although I haven't heard anything in a while, they could still be active. They would know for sure.
Thank you sir!

·
Registered
674 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Turboglide is a Chevrolet three-speed automatic transmission that made its debut as an optional transmission on Chevrolet V8 passenger cars for 1957. ... The Chevrolet Turboglide was modeled along the lines of the Buick Dynaflow transmission, and operated very similarly to the Buick transmission

1 - 5 of 5 Posts