Impala Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
That would be kind of pointless seeing as my sedan runs 11.9.

The wagons are several hundred pounds heavier than sedans making them slower or do you FWD guys deny weight impacts ET? Base curb on the wagon is like a full 1000lbs more than a 2004 w-body. Even the b-body sedan is about 600lbs heavier.
My sedan ran 13s at that time.

I currently own 3 b-bodies one of them for 9 years I have slips ranging from low 15s to 11.9 for the sedan. Or maybe I should say had, I think most of the slow ones are thrown out by now.
Ok, I’m not really seeing your point... at first you said your stockish wagon is faster then the 04 SS which wasn’t true... and now you say they are slower because of there weight which IMO is true. Which are you holding is the truth? Are you using your weight as an excuse for the slow stock times? If thats the case then your orginal argument was pointless... it’s not me who are making and posting these numbers, it’s a slew of reviewers from different magazines and car testing sites, but i guess they all just basis for the new FWD SS that they don't like :eusa_eh:

Its cool that you now do 11.9 in the QTR and its a good start DD that sees the track, I would expect nothing less out of an V8 LT1... but on the same note a lot of DD FWD V6 3800 do at least that or quicker in the QTR, adding a turbo pretty much guarantees it if you are able to get traction :biggrin: After my trans build (still running weak stock one) I will do better then that in the QTR with out a doubt

Anyway, back to the original argument, Stock for stock the V8 LT1 96 SS / Wagon is not faster V6 3800 L67 04 SS

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok, I’m not really seeing your point... at first you said your stockish wagon is faster then the 04 SS which wasn’t true... and now you say they are slower because of there weight which IMO is true. Which are you holding is the truth? Are you using your weight as an excuse for the slow stock times? If thats the case then your orginal argument was pointless... it’s not me who are making and posting these numbers, it’s a slew of reviewers from different magazines and car testing sites, but i guess they all just basis for the new FWD SS that they don't like :eusa_eh:

Its cool that you now do 11.9 in the QTR and its a good start DD that sees the track, I would expect nothing less out of an V8 LT1... but on the same note a lot of DD FWD V6 3800 do at least that or quicker in the QTR, adding a turbo pretty much guarantees it if you are able to get traction :biggrin: After my trans build (still running weak stock one) I will do better then that in the QTR with out a doubt
10.00 Sec Turbo 3800(Impala)
10.9 Sec Turbo 3800(GP)
Turbo Impala Vs Viper
11.3 Sec Turbo 3800 (GP)
11.4 Sec Turbo 3800 (GP)

Anyway, back to the original argument, Stock for stock the V8 LT1 96 SS / Wagon is not faster V6 3800 L67 04 SS
Good sh*t bro...

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I gotta ask, whats with the bars on the back of the FWD cars? Its not like they are gonna do a wheelstand.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I gotta ask, whats with the bars on the back of the FWD cars? Its not like they are gonna do a wheelstand.
What detroit said and well... its a NHRA rule if the track follows those rules, bars for cars that go faster then a certain time... it applies regardless if your FWD, RWD or AWD.

Maybe it will go away since there have been some recent changes to NHRA rules becuase of newer cars comming off the shelf running times that require roll cages

·
Registered
86 Posts
where is a good place to get a cheap one from like under $2000
Save some cash cuz getting the smallest turbo set up is about a 4k investment to get it done right. If your are only looking to spend 2k then consider a top swap, you can get the parts for about $800 and do the work your self giving you another grand to do the nessary supporting mod or upgrades on the swap parts

Doing a top swap should get you to low 14's becuase of the higher compression of the L36. from there you still have plenty of mods you add with the money left to get you into the mid 13's

·
I'm Impy and I know it
190 Posts
Has anyone put a turbo on a 3.5 LS?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Has anyone put a turbo on a 3.5 LS?
not that i know of, the 06+ turbo is for the 5.3. Its not imposible to do on the 3.5 its just that the aftermarket for the 3.5 is not there so amost every thing you do will be custom

·
Super Moderator
3,915 Posts
What detroit said and well... its a NHRA rule if the track follows those rules, bars for cars that go faster then a certain time... it applies regardless if your FWD, RWD or AWD.

Maybe it will go away since there have been some recent changes to NHRA rules becuase of newer cars comming off the shelf running times that require roll cages
I know this is an old post but with such drastic lack of comprehension I have to correct it.

NHRA requires ROLLBARS at some of these speeds, not "wheelie" bars which was clearly what was being asked about.

·
I'm Impy and I know it
190 Posts
I'll have to look into some local companies that might be able to put together a setup. Thanks for the info. If you run across a post or thread that is in line with what I was give me a heads up. Thanks.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts