Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
not on impala that I have seen, Camero have turbos and superchargers for the lfx engine
supercharger around 439 hp look up IPF

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been looking for the exact same thing. Want to get an intake and a turbo, but don't have any idea where to start. And for some reason there isn't much out there for 2012s.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
a turbo on a 2012 is going to be a custom setup. there are turbo kits for the 3800 that have the right idea, but you'd need custom manifolds/downpipe, and some of the charge piping may need to be run differetly

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
not necessarily. the 3.6 has only been avaliable for 1 or 2 model years, and the new Impala is on the Epsilon II platform, so a turbo kit would have to be different for it. odds are, the 3.6 got to the w-body cars too late to get much after market love

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
remote

The remote mount sounds interesting. I have concerns about an oil line being run that far though..

Thanks for all the input thus far, gonna try and have this setup by mid summer so ill post pics n whatnot

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
With the air box removed, you would possibly have room there for the turbo, then run a pod filter into the fender...

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
With the air box removed, you would possibly have room there for the turbo, then run a pod filter into the fender...
Good idea this would free up a lot of area and oil line would be close and drain by gravity.:eek:k3:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I wanna turbo my Impy, I miss having boost, even tho my boost was only around 7psi rated at 135 hp and 175 lb-ft at the crank :giggle: good ol Toyota 22r-te

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
7 pounds make a nice BOOST in torque. I would like the 3.6 to have better low end torque.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
You should get up with ol boy tuning his 3.6 and see what he would charge you. :eek:k3: I think he's in PA. Not too far from VA

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
not sure about warranty GM is playing it very close so still getting clarification.
Ford did the same to the Mustang guy who tuned their cars

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
If you bought your own tuner you could save your factory tune and the new tune, and just reflash if you have to go in for warranty work...

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
That is what I an leaning towards.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Get hp tuners.

Save the factory tune.

Get a tune off that guy with the Mustang on here or the hptuners forum if you don't wanna tune it yourself.

Maybe even a dyno tune if you got cash laying around.

Save the modified tune so you can switch back and forth when you want to

But like I say before gm will be able to tell the last 10 tunes flashed to that cpu so your best bet is keep the stock computer stock and get another one and tune it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 74 Posts