Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the IMP to a shop today just to see where the car was at as far as timing,fuel, etc and to have some features turned off/on. We were able to get to run a bit better but nothing to inspiring. The problem was the amount of features were very limited in the HP software for the N/A version. I forget what features he said were missing compared to the normal V8 cars they tune. After the dyno session he was saying that due to the limited features he was not able to adjust certain fuel trims like he wanted without messing up the driveabilty trims. If what he was saying is true about the software I cant imagine the nightmare of tuning these cars with bigger injectors as (mine were at 96% duty cycle in the upper RPM's) Cams,Rocker arms,Bigger Throttle body.
My car is fairly stock just a front log,down pipe,U-Bend delete, 2.5 cat back, A.K.A (just make it breathe better MODS) :)

My question is what are the guys that are making power with these cars using to tune with? are they all just boosted cars?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I doubt it's the lack of software features. HP Tuners is a very robust tuning software. Tuning won't get you around a problem limited by the mechanical restrictions of a stock motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts