Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beginning of Dec i had to have my front crank seal replaced because it was severely leaking. Went to AC Delco bought the seal and had them install it and that has done amazingly. as a perk they gave the engine a quick lookover to see if there were any other leaks and sure enough there was but without the 135 dollar full look could look deep but they said it was either from the oil filter adapter or the oil pressure sensor. Fast forward to Saturday 12/26 i come home and notice what looks like a half quart of oil where my car usually sits and then tonight 12/27 it looks like another quart has leaked out and is fresh on the ground cause it hadn't thickened up yet. Check my oil which was a half quart over and is now a half quart low. so i got out my work light and my best flashlight and started to look to see if i can see any oil where they said it was leaking and sure enough there is oil on the oil filter adapter it was very heavy on the top where i could see the 2 top bolts holding it to the block. AC delco told me for 400 roughly i can change it all the adapter the gaskets and sleeves and all but should i replace it all or just the gaskets and sleeve? I mean there is no reason for the adapter itself to go bad right? just need some more eyes on this cause i am at a loss. If asking this is a 2008 LT Impala with a 3.5 flex fuel V6 has 160,000 mileand this is the most serious thing i have had happen to it other than the input clutch piston on the tranny which i am saving up for a new performance tranny for it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
to add to this no code have shown for the oil pressure sensor or anything of that nature only code i get which i am working on is my accelerator pedal. and i've done a few mods but nothing extreme. There are no abnormal engine sounds either .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went ahead and bought the sleeve, the adapter gasket, and oil pressure sensor, had them all replaced and sure enough all 3 were worn out so got my oil leak fully fixed now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Glad you were able to fix it. Thankfully my last vehicle with an oil leak was small enough that a ten dollar metal oil catch plate worked fine to protect my driveway. But a quart of oil every day or two is a bit much to just leave alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts