Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone just wanted to know what's holding up the trunk trim where the trunk light is. The reason i ask is because when i traded up to a 2017 premier the previous owner or dealer did something with the trim and now its hanging down near the trunk light and i cant figure out why. The plastic tabs are in place near the middle and i cant find any ones that are missing so if someone on here can take a look at there's and let me know it would be greatly appreciated. I do not understand what the deal is with it. Is there some glue holding it up near the edge or what.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HID replacement bulbs.

Hello again everyone. Just seeing if anyone has changed out the HID bulbs and what bulbs did you go with, and was it hard to change out the bulbs? looking to change mine out not liking the stock look thinking more like a 6000k temp.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The headlight bulbs are easy to change, twist the large cap on back counterclockwise and pull off, twist bulb counterclockwise and pull straight out. unplug electrical connection. (the windshield washer fill tube just pulls straight up and out of the way, removing the airbox is easy, thought not strictly speaking required unless you have very large hands, or poor dexterity.unplug MAF sensor, undo its retaining clips , undo the intake tube from airbox, and lift box from car.)

The stock HID bulb is a D3S if memory serves. Philips 42403 WHV2 is an OE level, whiter replacement. Morimoto XB bulbs are much cheaper and a good value at like $75/pair

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The headlight bulbs are easy to change, twist the large cap on back counterclockwise and pull off, twist bulb counterclockwise and pull straight out. unplug electrical connection. (the windshield washer fill tube just pulls straight up and out of the way, removing the airbox is easy, thought not strictly speaking required unless you have very large hands, or poor dexterity.unplug MAF sensor, undo its retaining clips , undo the intake tube from airbox, and lift box from car.)

The stock HID bulb is a D3S if memory serves. Philips 42403 WHV2 is an OE level, whiter replacement. Morimoto XB bulbs are much cheaper and a good value at like $75/pair
Thanks. Any chance you have a link for those bulbs?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
I have no idea what is supposed to be holding it up. I do not see anything that should be holding it up.
Based on this it looks like it's just clips. So maybe you have a broken one or two that are causing it to be loose.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Chevrolet-GM-OEM-14-16-Impala-Trunk-Lid-Molding-Assembly-22749924-NEW-/292063238878?hash=item4400535ade

Also, I see you're in Salem. I'm in Racine, but am down in Bristol/Salem for work fairly frequently. Neat area

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Based on this it looks like it's just clips. So maybe you have a broken one or two that are causing it to be loose.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Chevrolet-GM-OEM-14-16-Impala-Trunk-Lid-Molding-Assembly-22749924-NEW-/292063238878?hash=item4400535ade

Also, I see you're in Salem. I'm in Racine, but am down in Bristol/Salem for work fairly frequently. Neat area
Sorry i should have been more clear. I meant the trunk trims interior the trim that covers the exposed metal of the trunk near the interior trunk light, near the edge its hanging down i can see the interior trunk light. yea I'm from Illinois originally i like it in Wisconsin its cheaper and a lot quieter.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Sorry i should have been more clear. I meant the trunk trims interior the trim that covers the exposed metal of the trunk near the interior trunk light, near the edge its hanging down i can see the interior trunk light. yea I'm from Illinois originally i like it in Wisconsin its cheaper and a lot quieter.
Is this the one you're speaking of?

https://www.cheapestgmparts.com/auto-parts/2014/chevrolet/impala/ltz-trim/3-6l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/interior-trim-trunk-scat

I'm also from IL originally and work down there a couple times a week as well. lol I do enjoy the more laid back attitude here and significantly lower cost of living. :beer:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this the one you're speaking of?

https://www.cheapestgmparts.com/auto-parts/2014/chevrolet/impala/ltz-trim/3-6l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/interior-trim-trunk-scat

I'm also from IL originally and work down there a couple times a week as well. lol I do enjoy the more laid back attitude here and significantly lower cost of living. :beer:
No that's the trunk lid. I am talking about where the actually interior light is for the trunk towards the edge its hanging down exposing the top of the interior light. Yea property taxes are much lower here were looking to buy a house next year.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
No that's the trunk lid. I am talking about where the actually interior light is for the trunk towards the edge its hanging down exposing the top of the interior light. Yea property taxes are much lower here were looking to buy a house next year.
I have a 2012, so I'm not exactly sure how the Impala trunk is setup on the new models. Do you have a picture? That might help a little bit so I have an idea of exactly what you mean.

Small world, I'm actually a Realtor. Not sure if this is your first time buying or not, but if you have any questions about the process, areas you're looking at or any properties you're interested in, I'd be happy to help. I'm much better at my day job than my Jr. Mechanic gig here. lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a 2012, so I'm not exactly sure how the Impala trunk is setup on the new models. Do you have a picture? That might help a little bit so I have an idea of exactly what you mean.

Small world, I'm actually a Realtor. Not sure if this is your first time buying or not, but if you have any questions about the process, areas you're looking at or any properties you're interested in, I'd be happy to help. I'm much better at my day job than my Jr. Mechanic gig here. lol
Yea this is our first time buying and we are looking in the area we are now Salem,paddock lake, Bristol and last resort Kenosha but we are renting now and our lease is up in June, our budget is 160.000. Yea i do not have any pictures which now that i think of it i should so i can give people a better idea of what I'm talking about lol

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Yea this is our first time buying and we are looking in the area we are now Salem,paddock lake, Bristol and last resort Kenosha but we are renting now and our lease is up in June, our budget is 160.000. Yea i do not have any pictures which now that i think of it i should so i can give people a better idea of what I'm talking about lol
Good budget for the area. Just sold a nice one in Silver Lake at $153k to some very nice folks. I'll DM you my contact info. I know you're early in the process, but I'm happy to chat anytime about any questions you have in the meantime as well.

We formerly used Photobucket, but they started charging $40/month so we don't recommend that anymore. A few folks have had luck with LensDump for image hosting or you can directly upload a photo from a phone or computer to the forum as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good budget for the area. Just sold a nice one in Silver Lake at $153k to some very nice folks. I'll DM you my contact info. I know you're early in the process, but I'm happy to chat anytime about any questions you have in the meantime as well.

We formerly used Photobucket, but they started charging $40/month so we don't recommend that anymore. A few folks have had luck with LensDump for image hosting or you can directly upload a photo from a phone or computer to the forum as well.
Yea i'm going to take a pic with my phone and just email it and download it so i can attach it on here.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The upper trunk interior panel with the lamp in it is held in place in the rear by four push-in fasteners, supported on the outer edges by the vertical trunk "wall" trim, the rear edge fits into the trunk weather seal, and the front edge wraps under the window/speaker trim and is held in place under the rear window tray/panel with severasl push-in fasteners.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The upper trunk interior panel with the lamp in it is held in place in the rear by four push-in fasteners, supported on the outer edges by the vertical trunk "wall" trim, the rear edge fits into the trunk weather seal, and the front edge wraps under the window/speaker trim and is held in place under the rear window tray/panel with severasl push-in fasteners.
I thought it did have something to do with the weather trim. I do not know what the previous owner have done to it but i cant get it back up there.
Another question is that trim suppose to expand all the way back the length of the trunk? Reason i ask is because it looks like mine only goes as deep as the rear deck and i can see exposed metal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts