Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My 2015 Impala LTZ 3.6 is not starting but l have power to my dashboard only! I was told l have a back up battery but there’s no battery in the rear drivers side. There’s something devices there but not a battery! I’ve googled every thing to try to find out what they are called as it could be a small battery pack and on the passenger side it looks like another main fuse box. I’ve attached pictures! Thanks for your help in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Hello,
My 2015 Impala LTZ 3.6 is not starting but l have power to my dashboard only! I was told l have a back up battery but there’s no battery in the rear drivers side. There’s something devices there but not a battery! I’ve googled every thing to try to find out what they are called as it could be a small battery pack and on the passenger side it looks like another main fuse box. I’ve attached pictures! Thanks for your help in advance!

You do not have a backup battery with the 3.6L engine (8th or 9th generation Impala model).

You have a defective battery and/or loose or corroded battery terminal connectors and battery posts.

Do you have the 2015 Impala Limited or the 2015 Impala (new model). If the new model, use caution when removing the various terminal connectors for the battery. Perhaps take a picture and ensure you replace the various connectors properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do not have a backup battery with the 3.6L engine (8th or 9th generation Impala model).

You have a defective battery and/or loose or corroded battery terminal connectors and battery posts.

Do you have the 2015 Impala Limited or the 2015 Impala (new model). If the new model, use caution when removing the various terminal connectors for the battery. Perhaps take a picture and ensure you replace the various connectors properly.
I brought a battery and it still didn’t start but the inside did come on. I have a LTZ but the new model the salesman said it was the last model they made before the limited! There’s a fuse box on the battery that I will try to change. I’m scared to remove the terminals ok if the fuse box on the battery don’t work I’ll make sure to take pictures! Thank you for responding l truly appreciate it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts