Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The one option I miss in this car is the trip computer and compass. From what I discovered it was an option in these cars.

Driver Info Convenience Center - $295
Computer with average speed, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption and range for remaining fuel; External temperature digital display; Compass; Garage door opener; Coming home device; Remote control peripheral anti-theft protection; Requires: [JL9] Brakes: 4-Wheel Disc W/ABS

What parts would I need to install this? Would I need a BCM? I'm assuming I would need both and that the BCM would have to be programmed by the dealer.

I also found that there is a rear view mirror with compass and temp, I could make due with that, would that also require additional modification or is that plug and play? I need to retain map lights, I have a sunroof so there is no dome light.

Any info would be helpful

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, I sent him an email, we'll see if he replies. DIC, got it, every make calls it something else, now I can do a search properly. From what I read there I wouldn't need to add anything but the temp sensor and the DIC and of course modify the wiring, nice. Still going to look into the mirror as well, it may be cheaper and easier and give me what I need.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read it earlier, I found it when I did a search for DIC. I really don't want to replace the whole harness like you did, I'm hoping he still makes the patch harness. Does he sell the DIC too or to you need to source that yourself from a junk yard or something?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
You have to source that yourself. If you are interested in one I can get one for you. It will probably run you $20 though. $30 if you want the entire roof harness as well (if you end up going that route).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts