Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the trifecta and had some challenges getting it loaded but customer service was patient w me.
Finally got it in today. Have only driven a few miles so no real info to report. Just excited it’s in and to notice the hopefully improved shifting.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I noticed that upon modest acceleration that the shifts are quicker.
I don’t often floor it from a stop but I think that’ll be next, the 1/4mi test. Last time, during winter w snows on and below 0 temp I got 15.7.
Curiosity will get me out there for another couple runs. I’d like to see if it in fact gets a better time under the tune opposed to having it off.
I don’t know what to expect as those low temps may have allowed for an excellent bite from the snows and cold air burns better.
🤷‍♂️ we’ll see.

Washed, got some wheel cleaner that I’m disappointed in, some nano tire shine that seems pretty shiny, and some surface prep stuff for my upcoming attempt at wax removal and experimenting w a nano coating.

Crutchfield had a blow out sale so I upgraded my amps and am very pleased w their performance.

Freed up some space in the backseat bc that under seat flat sub became unnecessary. One of the daughters will want that and possibly those other amps.
Time will tell.
Loving life.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s a download program that changes parameters of the ecu, tcu, traction control, stabilitrac and likely fuel air mix to eek out a couple more hp.

I got it for its transmission features.
So far it seems like it stays out of the higher gears in anticipation of acceleration from lower speeds. I think this gives the perception that it’s torqier. Very well may be. That gear selection hesitation is reduced for sure. I get a lot of hwy miles too and look forward to getting the modified headlight in front of the modified air box to see its mileage potential.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Soo
I ran a 1/4 mi a couple times. 60f dewey rd surface and if recollection serves I got 15.7 once before. After 3 tries I got 15.4 in the 1/4 and 7.1 0-60.
If I’m to get any better times I’d want sun heated deer free rds.
180ft 60-0
That seems like a lot but in an effort to preserve these Yokohamas I likely won’t be doing that many more times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts