Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I own a 2013 Chevrolet Impala and was looking into the trifecta tune for my car. I was on there website and was talking to one of there guys on there regarding doing the tune along with other modifications to the impala. As of right now the car is all stock, I was looking at getting the k&n typhoon air intake and having a shop build a catback exhaust system. There member at trifecta said that with the tune you won't get any other gains with those other bolt on's that the trifecta tune pretty much delets those gains. But you will get minor gains on the factory Chevrolet tune with the air intake and exhaust. How come you don't get these gains plus the gains of the trifecta tune also. He also said that with the tune alone I should see 30hp and 35 tq gain at the crank with the trifecta tune .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well I did the Trifecta tune and am disappointed with it. My car has a backfire through the intake [appears lean] when rolling low speeds [between 30-45] and I hit the throttle to pass. Kind of like back with carb motors and accelerator pump was bad. To me the only real changes I have noticed is firmer shift points. I contacted Trifecta and was told to re-download the tune. I did and no change. I would say save your money unless you want firmer shift points.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I did the Trifecta tune and am disappointed with it. My car has a backfire through the intake [appears lean] when rolling low speeds [between 30-45] and I hit the throttle to pass. Kind of like back with carb motors and accelerator pump was bad. To me the only real changes I have noticed is firmer shift points. I contacted Trifecta and was told to re-download the tune. I did and no change. I would say save your money unless you want firmer shift points.
I occasionally deal with this “backfire” that you’re talking about as well. Doesn’t happen all of the time, but once in a while when you hit the gas, the car glitches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts