Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Impala limited 3.6l
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to this site so forgive me if I post in a wrong place or something until I get more familiar with this site. But I wanted to start my own thread about the Trifecta performance tunes. I just purchased the Trifecta advantage tune (still waiting on the Ez flash cable) and once I upload the tune I was going to share my experiences with the tune and the pro's and con's of it. I have a 2014 Impala limited with 83,000 miles it is completely stock only normal maintenance has been done. So I'm very curious and excited to share my experience with the Trifecta tune to maybe help anyone else who is considering this particular upgrade.

·
Registered
77 Posts
GOOD LUCK! I have only had bad experience with the tune from Trifecta on my Impala. Light throttle backfires, engine light codes and harsh erratic shifting. I finally gave up on it and removed it and all my problems are now gone. TOTAL WASTE of MONEY in my opinion. I e mailed Trifecta for assistance and was told their tune would not cause the problems that I was having....it is amazing then all issues went away once tune was removed. Perhaps my experience was a fluke?
I would NOT RECOMMEND!!!

[FYI: My Impala is 2015 Limited with only 30,000 miles on it. I am a former ASE Master Tech]

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Impala limited 3.6l
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to this site so forgive me if I post in a wrong place or something until I get more familiar with this site. But I wanted to start my own thread about the Trifecta performance tunes. I just purchased the Trifecta advantage tune (still waiting on the Ez flash cable) and once I upload the tune I was going to share my experiences with the tune and the pro's and con's of it. I have a 2014 Impala limited with 83,000 miles it is completely stock only normal maintenance has been done. So I'm very curious and excited to share my experience with the Trifecta tune to maybe help anyone else who is considering this particular upgrade.
So I installed my tune today the process was actually way easier than i thought it would be. All i did was plug the flash connector into OB2 port opened the tune file and the process started. I timed it and it took 9 minutes and 45 seconds. The first thing i noticed right off the bat was the cars idle had a different lope sound to it. So i took it for a drive i took it easy for a bit just cruised normal driving for a few mins. Then i got on a back road and went Wot from a 10 mph roll and Trifecta's claim of 7k shifts are accurate. The time to get to 60 i could tell was a little faster. The Car holds a gear better and is not so eager to upshift for max fuel economy. It takes less pedal travel now to get a response out of the car. It has only been a day but the tune does very noticeably change this cars throttle response and the transmission mapping So far I really like it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well best of luck to you. I had all my issues with normal traffic driving. Seemed fine with full throttle runs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Will this tune work for the 4cyl 2.5L ecotec? Had my car for about 5 years now and I want a change in throttle response And gear shifts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts