Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a question do any of you know how a automatic transmission gear selector seal is in stalled? What I have is a 1977 350 G-van transmission in my 71 Impala and I think the gear selector seal is leaking I want to replace it but I don't know if the valve body has to be removed to replace that seal! Anyone with an idea it would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:drunken_smilie: :tool: :alien: :sign13: :headbang: :read: :wav: :3gears:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
From what I recall from my 77 TH200R tranny is that the seal has to be installed from inside the transmission. How bad is the leak?

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you have access to the tool designed for the seal removal you wont have to take the lever out to replace the seal. otherwise you have to pull the pan and pull the shift shaft out to replace it. hope this helps some. its kind of a booger the first time taking it out but after you do a few of them its not so bad.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don't know how bad the leak is I just know if I drive it day to day it's a few drips in the driveway but if I let it set for a few day's then a big puddle in the driveway I want to say about a quart a month if I drive it every other day. Thanks guys for the imput.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts