Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem? It starts a few minutes after driving. How can this be fixed?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does anyone else have this problem? It starts a few minutes after driving. How can this be fixed?
You didn't give us much to go on. Checked fluid levels with vehicle warm? Know any of the service history with this vehicle or something recently acquired? Which gear does it do it in? Fully warmed up, cold, hot days, etc?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't give us much to go on. Checked fluid levels with vehicle warm? Know any of the service history with this vehicle or something recently acquired? Which gear does it do it in? Fully warmed up, cold, hot days, etc?

Yes the fluid level has been checked and its at the proper level. It does it when it is fully warmed up and the noise increases as the rpms go up. Its been doing it more now that the weather has been hotter.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Does anyone else have this problem?
Not noticed any unusual sounds or "whine" from the transmission in our 2012.(knock on wood) Any other symptoms, issues?

Usually whining noise comes from a power steering pump, have had the power steering be low on fluid once, never could find any point of loss and that was 80,000 miles ago.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not noticed any unusual sounds or "whine" from the transmission in our 2012.(knock on wood) Any other symptoms, issues?

Usually whining noise comes from a power steering pump, have had the power steering be low on fluid once, never could find any point of loss and that was 80,000 miles ago.
Power steering fluid is a little low. Im gonna add some and see what happens.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Aside from the power steering causing a whine if that don't resolve when to top the power steering fluid off I'd have a good reliable transmission shop look at it. They see this stuff more than dealers who often have good local transmission shops rebuild transmissions for them as it's cheaper than have a transmission tech on staff, doing all the training, etc.

One thing I do each time I acquire a vehicle is take it to the transmission shop within a few days and have them do a full service on it and ask them to give it a once-over in case anything is wrong because it's easier to catch something early then a little too late.

I don't know if this is a vehicle that you had a while or got recently or what but I was just throwing that out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts