Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The line coming from the radiator that connects to the tranny is leaking. Its leaking where it screws on to the tranny. How can you fix this. Will a new o ring stop this.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Thats what I would try, otherwise you have to buy the entire fitting, should be about $15 or so.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have any idea where I could get these o-rings, know exactly what there called. Once I remove the lines is alot of Tranny fluid gonna come out, how would you stop. Or do I need to flush tranny first. Please help.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
There will be a trickle of fluid, not bad. They don't sell the o-rings, you'll have to match them yourself at the hardware store.

Reactions: JustFun

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried removing the cooler lines a little while ago. It was pouring out alot of tranny fluid so I just replaced. Would it be ok to coat the outside of the fitting where the line meets the fitting with black rtv silicone to seal the leak. Would that be ok. Also my tranny pan is leaking oil also, how would you fix that leak, can it be through the threads or most likely through the side of the pan.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Don't use rtv, if it leaks you can add fluid. If the pan is leaking, 99% likelihood is that some moron threw out the original gasket and put in one of those shitty fiber ones that come with the filter. You can replace it with another one, I'm guessing the only place you'll find a replacement original gasket though is from the dealer, junkyards will want to keep them with the trannies, but you can always ask.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah I lost the o-ring... : )
I know the Depot sells them....well if you know the size, that would really help.

JustFun

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Yep, and the o-ring will be the right size, shape, and material.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts