Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
i changed it at 100 but that was a total waste because 30k miles later my new trans came with new fluid

·
Registered
544 Posts
The owners manual doesn't call for fluid service under normal use. It does specify 45k miles for severe use. I'd recommend a partial drain and fill every 30k. Because you can do this yourself and it's no harder than an oil change.

Simply remove the drain plug on bottom of trans, catch and measure what drains out, the fill trans back up with same amount of fresh Dexron VI.
This is far less intrusive and less expensive than a "flush" procedure a service garage would perform.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Where do we fill it up by? Is there actually a spot? When I had my Transmission fluid serviced it was my understanding that I was 'changing' the fluid. I see a black knob type thing ontop of the transmission under the battery and computer housing in the front is that is? And also my manual says dexron -IV. I do drive my car severely so my next one is up at 90k miles

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where do we fill it up by? Is there actually a spot? When I had my Transmission fluid serviced it was my understanding that I was 'changing' the fluid. I see a black knob type thing ontop of the transmission under the battery and computer housing in the front is that is? And also my manual says dexron -IV. I do drive my car severely so my next one is up at 90k miles
Fill cap next to the battery on the left

1 - 8 of 8 Posts