Impala Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my '08 LTZ "bumped" into gear when upshifting at low speed. It occurred within 10 min. of start up and did not re-occur for the remainder of the day. This also happened approx. 4 months ago in much the same manner.
I plan on having the transmission serviced at the dealership (considering the flush) and I will certainly mention this episode to the service writer and insist that it be documented. I will also inquire about the "shift kit" that some on this forum have referred to. I know the transmission is this cars' weak link and I wonder if mine is in its' death throes. Should I opt for the flush or a simple fluid/filter replacement?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yesterday my '08 LTZ "bumped" into gear when upshifting at low speed. It occurred within 10 min. of start up and did not re-occur for the remainder of the day. This also happened approx. 4 months ago in much the same manner.
I plan on having the transmission serviced at the dealership (considering the flush) and I will certainly mention this episode to the service writer and insist that it be documented. I will also inquire about the "shift kit" that some on this forum have referred to. I know the transmission is this cars' weak link and I wonder if mine is in its' death throes. Should I opt for the flush or a simple fluid/filter replacement?
how many miles do you have on it? Have you changed the fluid before? and if you did at what mileage?

·
Registered
913 Posts
If they dealership can't "reproduce" the issue, they'll do nothing about it. They may document it but that really doesn't mean anything. Mine was "documented" about 5 times before it crapped out completely on me and they asked if it was the 1st issue I've had with it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
A transmission tech friend of mine said that a cold transmission can shift hard and it could be no big deal, just change the fluid w/ a good synthetic and the filter and you should be fine as long as its not doing anything out of the norm after warming up.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Trannies don't ever need to be flushed, but you should do a fluid and filter service every 30k miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I opted for the transmission flush at the dealership and a fluid change using conventional tranny fluid. As this was done more than a month ago I can report smoother shifting from the 4T60E and no "bumping" when cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.