Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just made this like 20mins ago and i don't know how far behind I am, and I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I have a 2013 Impala Lt (3.6L obvs) and I can't find shit. I've found a few things so far with help; Accel ign coils, Jet Performance MAF and TB Spacer. I've found coilovers and am waiting on funds. Any guidance on trans tuning, engine tuning, or ecu flashing or any performance parts would be very appreciated. I've read there's a few things in the trans that really limit this thing. It kicks ass and I wanna unleash it. Again, any advice or guidance would be lovely. Thank you again
-Carmen

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
May contact Will at Overkill Motorsports and also Trifecta. Might also pm member jtrosky with self tuning questions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May contact Will at Overkill Motorsports and also Trifecta. Might also pm member jtrosky with self tuning questions.
Hey thank you Sheila! I've been on the overkill site and I would hafta save alittle for that haha. But then what can I expect looking for rarer tuning parts I'ma check out trifecta and I'll hafta hit him up

·
Registered
198 Posts
As I understand it, Overkill is more customizable while Trifecta is a one and done plug and play. Customizable is nice if you plan to keep doing more mods.
I am avoiding anything like tuning until my drivetrain warranty runs out in about 20 months. Then I might seriously look into the Trifecta tune to improve the weird shift delays these transmissions have with stock settings. Your only limitation is your pocket book and reliability concerns (some mods can cause issues in the long run).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I understand it, Overkill is more customizable while Trifecta is a one and done plug and play. Customizable is nice if you plan to keep doing more mods.
I am avoiding anything like tuning until my drivetrain warranty runs out in about 20 months. Then I might seriously look into the Trifecta tune to improve the weird shift delays these transmissions have with stock settings. Your only limitation is your pocket book and reliability concerns (some mods can cause issues in the long run).
Might hafta go with overkill, cuz I'd like that jacfab spacer. And maybe TB at some point

·
Registered
59 Posts
i had the trifecta...
i did like the shifting it provided. WAY different than the grandpa car shifting it comes with

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had the trifecta...
i did like the shifting it provided. WAY different than the grandpa car shifting it comes with
Does it make it put you into the seat alittle with the shift? Cuz I want hard shifts not soft ass luxe shifts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does it make it put you into the seat alittle with the shift? Cuz I want hard shifts not soft ass luxe shifts
shifts are much better. it was painful to drive when you shut it off (stock mode)
not gonna say it makes it a race car, but it DOES wake the car up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts