Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has installed an external trans filter kit on their 9th Gen Impala?
By that I mean a kit such as the Derale 13091. I have installed this type of kit (also available under other brand names,,) on all of our vehicles for at least the past 20 years, if not more. I totally believe that using this type of higher quality, lower micron filter is possibly the best thing a person can do for their automatic trans, other than changing the oil often enough, of course.

I am also very curious if anyone knows what the cooler circuit line pressure is on this 6T70 in the Impala.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2015. I too have wanted to put in a Magnefine or Derale filter. I haven't come up with a good place to mount one. I believe the line to use is the top one out of the radiator. I had the dealer install a Magnefine in the 2010 I used to have. I couldn't believe the amount of crud in the first filter. I can't believe the lack of filtration on the new vehicles. Transmission and fuel.

The 2010 had a long enough length of rubber hose to revove a section and install the Magnefine. The 2015 has a very short length of hose. I've thought about getting a replacement line and cut it to whatever length is needed to install a filter. You may want to check with your dealer as to warranty problems if you install a filter. I was told it could affect warranty. Doesn't that make a lot of sense?

I too hope someone comes up with a way of doing this, as I too think it is one of the best things to do with this transmission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts