Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone every remove the rear track bar on a 2003 impala, the nut is the support frame and the head is next to the gas tank is there a removal that can be done with out dropping the rear sections down?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
If I am following the location you mean, I had tp cut the head of the bolt off. It doesn't have the clearance to be removed.

·
Registered
653 Posts
are you meaning the rear wheel spindle rods? Where you would turn the eccentric cams to adjust rear toe? If so, you will have to lower down the two bolts that attach the rear suspension support to the body just enough to get the bolts out. You don't have to completely remove the bolts just low enough to have clearance to remove the spindle rod bolts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I am following the location you mean, I had tp cut the head of the bolt off. It doesn't have the clearance to be removed.
Did you use a saws all to cut the bolt off, since it is next to the plastic gas tank a torch maybe out of the question.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Gm designed these track bar's like crap. They didn't have the diy home mechanic in mind. Or they just want to make things difficult for us. Seriously though who builds a car and doesn't think about what has to be done to take it back apart? Oh wait GM does

1 - 7 of 7 Posts