Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 4 snow tires put on my 2013, found some rims with sensors from a Saturn at the junk yard. I paid $40 to have them reset the TPMS, but it didn't take the 1st try because the old tires and rims were in the trunk so I had to go back to get it fixed. I now see EL-50448 TPMS Reset Tool Relearn tool for sale on eBay for $10. Anyone have one? Any thoughts on them? They look like all the ones out there might be the same but with different lables/names on them.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I just got 4 snow tires put on my 2013, found some rims with sensors from a Saturn at the junk yard. I paid $40 to have them reset the TPMS, but it didn't take the 1st try because the old tires and rims were in the trunk so I had to go back to get it fixed. I now see EL-50448 TPMS Reset Tool Relearn tool for sale on eBay for $10. Anyone have one? Any thoughts on them? They look like all the ones out there might be the same but with different lables/names on them.

I bought an “original” GM Kent-Moore special tools TPMS reset tool EL-50448 about 10 years ago. I have used it on many GM vehicles and have never had a problem (the wheels / tires / sensors must be mounted on the car....).

I’ve been told by others that there are now counterfeit tools (made in China...) being sold very cheaply on EBay and other sites. I do not know how well they work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a VXDAS EL-50448 that I got off Amazon for about $25.00. Seems to work OK after you get the vehicle into learn mode. My 2010 was a lot easier since you could do it all without a tool.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I bought the VXSCAN El-50448 from Amazon in June of last year for $40. It works great with the sensors on my 2016 Limited and is now down to $17.00. Can't go wrong with this one if you need an OEC-T5 TPMS relearn tool.

Cheers! :beer:

T-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts