Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has an '03 Impala. The TPMS has been indicating 'low tire pressure' since she got it. Today she tried to reset the system using the light switch method. I wasn't there but apparently there was a clunk, then the car died. Now she's getting nothing at all. When she turns the key the gauges go haywire but it acts like a dead battery. I'm thinking something to do with the anti-theft system. Tried disconnecting battery then trying again but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
My daughter has an '03 Impala. The TPMS has been indicating 'low tire pressure' since she got it. Today she tried to reset the system using the light switch method. I wasn't there but apparently there was a clunk, then the car died. Now she's getting nothing at all. When she turns the key the gauges go haywire but it acts like a dead battery. I'm thinking something to do with the anti-theft system. Tried disconnecting battery then trying again but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

A battery with one or more bad cells, or just worn-out will cause all types of electrical issues. Corroded battery terminal connectors and posts will also cause issues, as will loose connectors.

I would strongly suspect the battery and/or connectors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A battery with one or more bad cells, or just worn-out will cause all types of electrical issues. Corroded battery terminal connectors and posts will also cause issues, as will loose connectors.

I would strongly suspect the battery and/or connectors.
Thank you! Got a new battery and it did the trick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts