Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know, I saw a commercial for Top Gear USA season 2 yesterday. It starts July 24th. Now I agree with everyone else when they say it sucks, but you have to remember the original Top Gear did too when it first started..

I think the USA version did get better over the season so here's to hoping it continues to climb up the "cool wall" haha!

Transmission – BBC Top Gear James: ‘Why I hate the Top Gear US presenters

Top Gear — History.com TV Episodes, Schedule, & Video

·
Registered
56 Posts
So glad History channel is bringing it back!:eek:k3: (I assume it'll be History channel...)
Some real good stuff last season. I think by the end of the last season the material got a bit weak, but keeping the season short like the first should prevent that the second time around.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the UK version is only a few months long too, so they actually run the same length of time...

Last season started off reaaalllly rough....even though most of them have experience on TV, I know 2 did anyways, they were really awkward at first. But they found their groove, and the subject matter improved as time went on as well. So I think some lessons have been learned, and I hope that season 2 will bring on more growth. Something I've learned about the UK version is that it's been running since 1977, so they've certainly had time to evolve all their own.

And yes, it's still on the History channel, and I believe old episodes are still available on their website, actually, there's a link to the website in the first post at the bottom...

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Technically they've been running that long, but not with the current presenters. I think clarkson may have been around that long, but Hammond is a TV personality from other British television, and may has no previous tv experience. It's the chemistry between them that really makes it.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very true, I know there was a shake up in the 90's too, so they've been ever evolving for quite some time..and I think they're on their 3 stig since I've been watching...

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That's just top gear as we know it, the black stig died driving off an aircraft carrier, the first white stig as we know came out with a book and revealed himself. Clarkson said they aren't going to teach this one to read.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm totally blanking on the white stig's name.....he's a german formula one driver....michael shumacker, that's it! then there was one after him, now they have a new one, I'm pretty sure there was 3 white, and one black...don't know who the black one was, or the other and current white one are...wow, that's getting confusing lol

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
You're kidding about Schumacher right?

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Schumacher was on the show and pulled his lid off in front of the audience. I am not sure if this was a stunt or not by the producers to throw people off of the real Stig's identity. The new guy is supposed to be a much better driver / teacher.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
It was a stunt, he was never the stig. It was supposed to be funny because clarkson was always hinting that he was.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ooooooooooooooo hahahaha....I didn't know that!

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
It was a stunt, he was never the stig. It was supposed to be funny because clarkson was always hinting that he was.
Yeah, that was what I figured. It was done during the time when the Stig was getting ready to be revealed by a British News Paper. As for the Black Stig... He was the one that wrote a book and told the world he was the Stig. That is why he was "killed off" on the show. I have gone on record though as being the Stigs American Cousin, and no one even batted an eye. Kinda weird.
:3gears:

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's just top gear as we know it, the black stig died driving off an aircraft carrier, the first white stig as we know came out with a book and revealed himself. Clarkson said they aren't going to teach this one to read.
so who was the first white stig then?

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
"The BBC has always refused to confirm officially the identity of the actor who plays the Stig. "Who is The Stig?" became a frequently asked question on the internet. The identity of the original 'Black' Stig, Perry McCarthy, was exposed by a Sunday newspaper after the first Series of the show, in January 2003. McCarthy confirmed that he was 'The Stig' in the second edition of his autobiography, published following series 2, and is now generally acknowledged as having been the first Stig, even by BBC media. The second Stig's identity was revealed, in his own autobiography, as Ben Collins, a professional racing driver who has participated in Formual Three, Indy Lights, sportscars, GT racing, stock cars & V8 Supercars."

From wikipedia's page for The Stig.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i LOVE wiki! HAHAHAHA They even have a section on the Stig! I was going to google "The Stig" myself to see what I could find....thank you. Now I have to google these dudes to see what's up with them..lol

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Ben Collins actually appeared as himself in a few episodes as well as being the stig, the one where they landed a skydiver in a moving convertible, he was the driver. He was also one of the drivers in the Toyota aygo soccer match.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the soccer and hockey bits were awesome...always wanted to do that since I saw those!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Can you imagine? How do you explain that to hertz?

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:giggle: tell them some crazy bitch on her cellphone ran into me and took off, that and I think I saw her putting on make-up all the while!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts