Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on my way back from the michigan F-Body associations annual meet and greet car show and i was on I-96 in southern michigan cruising along at about 75 and a mercury marauder passes me and the girl in the passenger seat was just mean muggin me and my 94 impala ss(stock with CAI and exhaust) :eusa_naughty: so i got on his tail and we passed a few cars and i see him just nail it and is pulling away until i go wide open throttle and i am just catching up to him like its nothing:sleepy4: and i whip right around him at about 105 and just leave him in the dust he let off after i passed him and still pulling away, then i let off until i was about a quater mile ahead of him .. then he catches up to me and he was trying to scare me by staring at me but i was just laughing and he sped off... i thought i would share that with you all...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seat belt was on and tight...it was in milford at bakers banquet hall and restaurant

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
lol...good story. One of my customers had the most mint 9c1 you would ever see. Street appearance package with marblehead met grey exterior. We made it look newer than new. He wanted more "speed" so he bought a Marauder. His buddy drove the caprice back for him. They met at a light and punched it, he called us and told us his old car beat his new marauder:)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i held it side ways with the tires smoking passing him at 105:eek:...no i just casually passed him

·
Registered
371 Posts
i held it side ways with the tires smoking passing him at 105:eek:...no i just casually passed him
hehe... a "casual pass" at 105 is a little less than casual, but still. Great story!

You know, I've seen those Marauders and they look pretty neat, but they seem underpowered.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i have always liked the look of them. but the 4.6:thatswck: just isnt a powerful engine

·
Registered
303 Posts
My bro-in-law has one with a few mods to his [gears, exhaust/headers, cai, computer] and has run 13.8 in the 1/4 with his car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats sweet man .id like one with a supercharger on it but im still stuck on my LT1,,, i wonder what an SS would run with the same mods?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i agree it would be a good DD.. but then for the money you spend on one you could buy a nice impala with low miles

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yeah i agree it would be a good DD.. but then for the money you spend on one you could buy a nice impala with low miles
ea good luck finding one cheap id buy a nice impala or caprice as my dd... wait i aready have 1 lol....

no but my buddy has always been stuck on mustangs he used to have a 94? 5.0 and that bitch was bad it would smoke the tires off the car if u wanted to pay for them !!!! needless to say that car was wrecked into a cement wall and the motor pulled he now has a 99? 4.6 gt and its nowhere as fast but its not slow either we havent raced yet but im thinking my 230,000 mile lt1 will give him a run for his money he has like 120,000 on his car almost all stock except intake and bbk throttle body

·
Banned
117 Posts
Whats funny is most '03+ P71's could hang with a marauder no problem.

The thing with the DOHC 4.6 is they lack bottom end torque.They really don't come alive untill about 70mph,then they start to pull pretty hard.

My brother had a 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII and i beat him with my '03 P71.I have also beat his old 1995 Mark VIII with my old '96 9C1.

His Mark's moved out pretty well,however it was never enough to take me down :tongue:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah those 5.0's i really like especially in the fox body, my buddy had a 89 lx 5 speed and i could sort of hang with him but that car was just so light.but over all i would rather have a LT1

1 - 18 of 18 Posts