Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been debating if I should remove or leave my resonator on. Also would a smaller resonator keep the droning noise out but leave my exhaust louder?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Dont forget "TROST". +60lbft of torque, quicker 0-60 & 1/4 mile, and bigger top end. Not to mention the sound of an LS4 running through Flowmaster 44's. Ya, I good with +5hp.

Unless your V6 is out of an F1 car, resonate, please.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont forget "TROST". +60lbft of torque, quicker 0-60 & 1/4 mile, and bigger top end. Not to mention the sound of an LS4 running through Flowmaster 44's. Ya, I good with +5hp.

Unless your V6 is out of an F1 car, resonate, please.
(y)good for you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Seems we're all conditioned to the growl of an 8 cylinder engine, V sixes and V tens just sound weird. Well, different anyway.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems we're all conditioned to the growl of an 8 cylinder engine, V sixes and V tens just sound weird. Well, different anyway.
I just want a little more rumble without the popping or cracking sound that comes with removal of a resonator.

·
Registered
10 Posts
On my 07 SS, I put stainless pipe from the Cat back, resonator delete to dual Magna Flow 4x9 offset. Not too loud and no drone....

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On my 07 SS, I put stainless pipe from the Cat back, resonator delete to dual Magna Flow 4x9 offset. Not too loud and no drone....

Nice I'm looking for something like that!!! Do you have pics?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let me look....took pix as it was getting installed....and I'll get some under in a day or 2...also all pipes and mufflers welded no hangers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New tirea oil change and alignment....here's your pix

That's pretty much the set up I have. I ended up removing the resonator as it started splitting on its seam. Sounds better than before not to loud and I left the 3rd cat on just incase.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts