Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So believe me, i know impala's are famous for luxury, but i'm currently thinking of removing and selling my 69's original air evaporator box and condenser. air conditioners are not my style, i'm a windows all the way down all the time person and i think i'm leaning towards a more of a rat rod type build for my 69 anyway.

i saw on ebay sme classic air conditioning evaporators going for over 300$ and a condenser going for 125$. if i could get some where around that combined amount for mine it would be a nice chunk of change to put into my project.

a friend of mine advised me to not sell my air system as original parts are of course prized, so i ask you my fellow impala owning/building/restoring brethren what do you think to keep or not to keep?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Original parts like that will only go up in value. Cars kept stock with original parts are usually worth more than others with aftermarket goods. My opinion, save everything removed from the car and catalog it for reference.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Original parts like that will only go up in value. Cars kept stock with original parts are usually worth more than others with aftermarket goods. My opinion, save everything removed from the car and catalog it for reference.
+1, if you think you will sell this car latter then by all means keep the AC items. If you have no intentions of ever selling the car then you might want to sell the parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts