Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I PREFER FWD!!! AND IM A NOOB
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the wonderful 4L60E in the Impala. I have the hypertech tuner and I was wondering If it would be better for the clutch packs to program in the firmer shifts. I've had other 4L60E's slip from 2nd to 3rd. My friend fried two clutches. I figured less slip anf friction with the firmer shift. Comments? Thanks, Mark

Almost forgot, if your shifter is in third and not over drive, does is use both 2-3 and 3-4 clutch packs when shifting from 2nd to 3rd? Read that on a forum and don't know if it's true or not.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have the wonderful 4L60E in the Impala. I have the hypertech tuner and I was wondering If it would be better for the clutch packs to program in the firmer shifts. I've had other 4L60E's slip from 2nd to 3rd. My friend fried two clutches. I figured less slip anf friction with the firmer shift. Comments? Thanks, Mark

Almost forgot, if your shifter is in third and not over drive, does is use both 2-3 and 3-4 clutch packs when shifting from 2nd to 3rd? Read that on a forum and don't know if it's true or not.

the hypertech won't do shit for real firmer shifts. It will firm them up, but no where near the level of custom programming like pcmforless.com. There are no 3-4 is one clutch pack, no 2-3 clutch pack.

·
Super Moderator
3,933 Posts
At WOT at least the 2-3 shift is best with the selector in OD.

The hypertech was a HUGE mistake, pcmforless would be a mistake still but not so bad. Do yourself a favor and find a GOOD tuner.

Hell the hypertech has been shown to slow cars down while costing several times as much as custom programming.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Trifecta is a vendor here, and can do things the hypertech could never ever hope to...
I used Trifecta with great success. Call Vince up and let him know your goals, he will hook you up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts