Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
factory air, power rear? window, a 327 original engine, the body seems to be in decent condition, new tires and some brake work done. Does need a power steering pump. The transmission is a powerglide, the radiator might need to be ???re-cored???. Does this sound like a good deal for the price? Please let me know..I need to know by tomorrow before this baby slips from me...(if it's a good deal that is) Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That is high priced.....if the body is solid and the paint is decent then It will be worth 5K tops..... My friend sold 2 1969 impala wagons for 2K each and they were in great shape. If you want it go for it, try to talk them down some.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go back and check out the frame where it comes together in the middle of the body OK? Is it rusted all the way through? Take it and put it on a lift and check the floorboards for rust through along with the frame. Brakes are cheap and can be had at Autozone along with the drums .Radiator shot with factory air and an automatic tranny, well, you will PAY for a recore job if it can be repaired. You say Impala,ya sure it ain't a Belair? You check the letters on the block to see if its the original motor? Does the heads have a "camel hump " marking on the front(2 humps like nn? Can ya drive it even a short distance? Will it even start? Interior, is it shot all the way around or is it fairly good? Glass, is it cracked or milky(front and rear)? Is it an SS model? Could be had on any Impala for $175 as an option. Bucket seats,console,floor shifter,emblems? An old scam is that somone else is coming tommorow to look at it and they want to buy it. Here around Cincinnati you can find a fairly decent 1963-64-65 2 dr or 4 dr for around that same price that is a "turnkey" ( start it up and drive it away. A wagon is not all that popular a car to buy in this body style . It sounds more like a "parts car" than a restoration project. But if your heart is set on a "wagon" then checkout what I said with a mechanic / bodyman! Otherwise let it go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts