Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyones opinions on tires for the stock wheels on the 94-96 impala ss? Im sure they dont make to many since there an odd size.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
We sell 2 styles that are popular. Kuhmo Ecsta and the Kuhmo Sport. Both last a long time,have nice somewhat aggressive patterns and both are rated for high speed. I have tried both, both are good for the money. Check tirerack.com

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
I have the Kuhmo Ecsta SPTs and like them but they are summer ONLY and those who have tried them and the Kuhmo ASX say despite the ASX having an all season rating it still works at least as well in the dry so I may try them next if I stick with this size.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was told today that the stock bfgs are discontinued. Anyone hear this? Also can you compair the kuhmos to the stockers? Thanks guys.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
The stocks were gone a long time ago. They sucked anyways, I had a original set that came with my impala wheels many years ago. The tires sucked.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stocks were gone a long time ago. They sucked anyways, I had a original set that came with my impala wheels many years ago. The tires sucked.
Thanks i didnt realize they were that bad, but then again i havent triend anything else. Im glad you say they were gone a long time ago because the guy i bought the car off of in august owns a tire shop and i paid 600 extra for him to order me the stock tires which he said he was saving me 300 on, I guess hes called my parents to tell me they were in, and now that im home i was gonna go pick them up, now hes givin me the run around that hes never called and that the tires are discontinued. :mad: Oh well looks like i'll be saving a good bit of money goin with the kuhmos or somethin else.:smile:

·
Registered
184 Posts
You should consider running 285/40/17 tires instead of the factory size.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Because they will look better, handle better, and give you more performance options to choose from.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I run a 275/40/17. Better fit to the rim than a 285. On my 4th set. Much more tire choices in that size.
Maybe it fits the wheel better, but handling will be very similar. More importantly though, the 285 looks much better. Especially on a stock height car.

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
Just so people understand the 285 is an inch shorter in height than the stockers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts