Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I can't tell you offhand what the best is because all I've had is the Firestone Firehawks on ours. I am about to have them replaced with 235/50/18 Goodyear Assurance Weatherready tires though and I see those were rated the best grand touring all season tires on tire rack until last night (now the Michelin CrossClimate+ have that honor).

·
Registered
360 Posts
Help us out! Where are you from, what type of driving do you do and what type tire do you desire, also what price range are you willing to spend?

Pat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I live in NM, so just the quiestest highway tire. Snow is seldom a concern. Long story but CarMax put SUV tires on it before I bought it and I didn't know until taking it to Discount Tire to get them balanced correctily.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ok. Just by where you live. I would go back to the o.e. Firehawks which run quiet and do great on gas. If you have deep pockets, then maybe Michelins, I have heard very few complaints of that brand than any other.

Pat

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If you are wanting quieter tires, I'd look for some touring or grand touring tires which should be quieter than a high performance all season tire like the stock Firestone Firehawks.

·
Registered
874 Posts
in rain love my P7 and continental extreme contacts. both approach their warranty as far as wear goes and are quiet. toward the end of life they get loud but i assume its this way with all tires. but both give total confidence in the pouring rain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts