Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the 18 year old kid I am, I was trying my luck with some J turns at around 25 miles per hour. Didn't realize the amount of damage I was doing until I took a trip from orlando to Tallahassee. The left side tires are worn on the edges of the sidewall and the right side are perfectly fine. It was a 4 hour drive and I will be returning home tomorrow and was wondering if these tires were still safe to drive on. They still hold air pressure fine, exactly what I had in them before I left.

The first attachment is the front left which is worn the most. The second is the front right which has no wear on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would put the left front tire on the back, less weight back there. Drive a little slower and replace it when you get home. Make sure your spare is good!!!!

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
You should be okay. I would just put them on the rear depending on what the rear's look like. I wouldn't be putting too many mile's on with those though. Stop down to a tire shop and buy some used one's.

·
Banned
667 Posts
Like the 18 year old kid I am, I was trying my luck with some J turns at around 25 miles per hour. Didn't realize the amount of damage I was doing until I took a trip from orlando to Tallahassee. The left side tires are worn on the edges of the sidewall and the right side are perfectly fine. It was a 4 hour drive and I will be returning home tomorrow and was wondering if these tires were still safe to drive on. They still hold air pressure fine, exactly what I had in them before I left.

The first attachment is the front left which is worn the most. The second is the front right which has no wear on it.
I would get it replaced asap even if you get it replaced with a used tire

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Replace for the steel cords are about to be exposed and as several have already stated that tire is not safe, it might make it home or it may not. If nothing else put the spare on and drive home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts