Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am starting to prepare for an unnessecary tire purchase for my 07SS. The tires I have are still in great shape but Im looking for something 'stickier' if you know what I mean.

I am looking for ANY advice, whether you know of a good model tire or a good website or shopto buy from, at lowest cost possible of course.

I used to go to pep boys for tires, but it was much easier to find 15" garbage tires for my old camry than it will be to find quality performance tires for my Imp. So any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated as I begin the search.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'd go to tirerack to compare models, then find a local shop that carries them. I never go to national chains, the prices are always meh unless they happen to be having some grand opening sale.

We have a local chain of general stores that also get into automotive (think Sears but a lot smaller) and they always take good care of me when I go in. Well, my company also takes care of all their IT needs so I get a discount but still!

Just do some research and find what you want, then go get it at a price you want to pay!

·
Registered
657 Posts
i bought my last set of tires for my 20's off ebay. they were brand new kumho ecsta SPTs and only cost me $425 shipped to my door. i would just find a brand or type of tire you like and search for it on there. just make sure you are looking for the right size.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you got a great deal... and for 20s nonetheless....

I just put on the stock option chrome and now that I have new rims im realyl itching to get new tires, but the best price for nice performance ones that suit my needs is $181 per tire... not sure if they will throw in a mount and balance for that... but still a little on the pricey side...

again, Im used to paying for 15" pep boys tires.... time for an upgrade.

·
Registered
624 Posts
carefull on the tires may be good for rain and summer driving but when winter cold come the tire changes and handle like crap in the snow even though the say all weather

1 - 5 of 5 Posts