Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Presently I have a set of Voxx Monza 18" wheels on my 06 Impala. I've got Goodyear 225x50's installed now but would like to consider a bit wider 45 or 50 (like a 235 or 245). 40's are out of the question as the lower profile tends to ride like a "stone boat" in my view. What's the maximum size that will fit my Impala and not rub or cause conflicts in steering? Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The later year Impala Limited LTZ (2014-1016, maybe some earlier ones, too), same body style as yours, came from the factory with 18 x 7 rims wearing 235/50 R18 tires. However, not knowing your aftermarket wheels (e.g., what width and offset they are) and how they compare against the factory rims, it is a little tough to suggest what tire sizes will work and which won't.

You may also get a lot of useful information from the Discount Tire website. They have a nice tool for selecting tire and wheel sizes if you want to do a +0, +1, etc. Tire Rack may also have something similar. I have no affiliation with any tire retailers.

Good luck.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The later year Impala Limited LTZ (2014-1016, maybe some earlier ones, too), same body style as yours, came from the factory with 18 x 7 rims wearing 235/50 R18 tires. However, not knowing your aftermarket wheels (e.g., what width and offset they are) and how they compare against the factory rims, it is a little tough to suggest what tire sizes will work and which won't.

You may also get a lot of useful information from the Discount Tire website. They have a nice tool for selecting tire and wheel sizes if you want to do a +0, +1, etc. Tire Rack may also have something similar. I have no affiliation with any tire retailers.

Good luck.
I bought the wheels (and tires) back in 2008 for my daughters 2005 Malibu. They are 18 x 7 (not sure of back set) but had 235 x 40 tires when new. She traded the Malibu in and I suggested that the original wheels be reinstalled and that the wheels be sent to me from her home in Bedford, TX. (I paid shipping and all). Since they were originally purchased from Discount Tire, I guess the smart thing for me would be to ask them wouldn't it. :cool: I'll let the forum know what they say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts