Impala Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

When I am cruising on the highway (speeds 65 - 90ish) , after a while it says to service my tire monitor system, and the tire light flashes on and off, then after a couple minutes of driving it goes away... It started happening after I got 2 new tires. I've also tried resetting it by letting the air out of all 4 tires, which has worked in the past... Is this a sensor replacement job? What do you guys think

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
Hey guys,

When I am cruising on the highway (speeds 65 - 90ish) , after a while it says to service my tire monitor system, and the tire light flashes on and off, then after a couple minutes of driving it goes away... It started happening after I got 2 new tires. I've also tried resetting it by letting the air out of all 4 tires, which has worked in the past... Is this a sensor replacement job? What do you guys think
Tire Tech Information - Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems Servicing

i know that when i get new tires they ask if i want to replace the sensor in the tire to adjust to the new wheel, did they ask you to do this?

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Whenever I get new tires, they "rebuild" the sensors, which is basically just replacing the seals. They run on batteries, batteries don't last forever. I would be willing to bet, especially since its an 07, that batteries are the issue. New sensors are about $40-45 a piece.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They didn't ask me. I'm probably going to buy some new sensors. Thanks again

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I just let the damn light stay on, not hard to figure out if there is air in your tires or not...

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
They didn't ask me. I'm probably going to buy some new sensors. Thanks again
Pjenkins, please let me know if you would like any assistance working with your Chevy dealership to resolve this concern. I'm always on hand to schedule an appointment, if you like, so their technicians can run diagnostic checks on your Impala. DM me anytime!

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
I just let the damn light stay on, not hard to figure out if there is air in your tires or not...
True, I think mine has a chime every 30 seconds or so when it has a problem. Bugs the life out of me

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The 07's don't do that, I wonder whether that started in 08 or 09?

·
Banned
748 Posts
Huh how does one do that ? there a way to check if tire pressure is low ? how can one manage without sensor for everything..

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
You can look at the tire, or use a pressure gauge. People got along fine for over a century without tpms.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Its like having a sensor on your ass to tell you when to wipe.
Whaaaat... there is a sensor like that ... cool where can i buy it ?:eek:k3:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah I mean I know my tire pressure levels are fine, it's just annoying to see it every time I'm on the road going 70+.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts