Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Impala, LT Fleet, 225 60 16, with no placard on door frames, engine compartment, glove box, trunk, that tell me the Manufacturer's tire pressure recommendations.. I have changed out the original tires with the same size tire but different brand. Any place out there I can find this tire information ? I have a manual online and in the car but neither one tells me the rec. tire pressure. I put in 35 lbs, to help with wear and gas mileage. Thanks for any help you can provide..:WTF:

·
Registered
536 Posts
i have 225 55 17 tires and my door jam sticker says 30 psi front and rear but i set them at 35 psi and that works fine. dogstang huh, that is an unusual name....

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
personally, I do 35-40 TOPS, but I got an 03. Keeps me up at 30-32 MPG highway though. just gotta remember to take a little air out when it snows... lol

·
Registered
649 Posts
The tire itself should tell you proper operating pressures. I would stick with that because all tire have diffrent ratings.
NEVER go by the tire. It only tells the MAXIMUM tire pressure that the tire can handle and not what is recommended for proper handling, wear, and performance for a particular vehicle. On my Impala, the tire placard shows 30 psi front and rear.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't agree with bart, because I put heavier grade tires on my silverado. The placard tells me to run 38psi but my tires max out at 80psi. When I put 38psi in a 80 max tire its just about flat.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I can't agree with bart, because I put heavier grade tires on my silverado. The placard tells me to run 38psi but my tires max out at 80psi. When I put 38psi in a 80 max tire its just about flat.
Your Silverado takes passenger car tires not Light Truck tires like the ones you put on. So of course they looked different. If you would have used the manufacturers recommended tire the tire pressures listed on the placard would be the correct pressure. And since you changed your vehicle from manufacturer specs you will need to adjust pressures accordingly. On 2500 and above trucks that use LT tires they have pressures of about 50 psi front and 80 psi rear.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Please stick to the topic in question gents.
34 to 38 lbs will be ok with a P225/60 R -16 tire, depending how the car is loaded.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for your reply's. The Impala I purchased is a Fleet car, not sure why it does not have a placard unless it was 'accidentally' taken off.. Anyway, it seems to run fairly well with the 35 lbs but the front seems a bit more harsh on bumps with this inflation. Haven't had them on long enough with the 35 lbs in each tire to check the mileage.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
i had a screw pu with a psi washer and blasted off,grabbed quick dryed the spot with a non lint cloth and reattached and squeegeed out the air/water and all was good.
All i can say was it was a good thing i saw it fly off cause it was quick!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts