Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tried several things to remove browning from tires and someone told me "spray nine" works is this safe to use on rubber?

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Back to Black tire product may work. I use Black Magic, but I only had a little browning.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
"spray nine" works fine with a good plastic potato brush scrub then wash with the presure washer and tire dressing and your good to go.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok sounds good ill give that a try to both suggestions and see what happins but i wasnt to sure if spray nine was safe to use on rubber

·
Banned
574 Posts
If you purchase tires that are manufactured with tire black in the rubber compound, they wont turn brown. Tires of this grade have a higher price of course, but we get what we pay for.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I found that the more one applies stuff to make tires look "shiny' or 'newer' the browner they get. So I don't use the stuff at all. or maybe I have the tires that include 'tire black' in their compound that 1969 Impala alluded to.

·
Banned
574 Posts
I found that the more one applies stuff to make tires look "shiny' or 'newer' the browner they get. So I don't use the stuff at all. or maybe I have the tires that include 'tire black' in their compound that 1969 Impala alluded to.
To pass along a tip; I've noticed that quite a bit of these tire shine products have petroleum distillates in them, (oil), which causes the rubber in tires to deteriorate. Read the ingredients labels of these products before you purchase any of them. A tire blowing out can really ruin your day.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
:twocents:When my tires get brown I just wash the mud off, lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I picked up some Armor All Foaming tire shine, it covers up the brown spots really nicely, and will last around a week before I have to shine them up again.
... but then again, my tires only have brown spots when I use the Rim cleaner and it over sprays onto the tires when I'm hosing it off.

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
I use Westley's Bleach White and a good stiff tire brush. It takes ALL the dirt and brown out. Then I dress with Meguires. That lasts weeks. LOVE Meguires Endurance! :eek:k3: (Smells like grapes too:wink:)

·
Banned
574 Posts
I picked up some Armor All Foaming tire shine, it covers up the brown spots really nicely, and will last around a week before I have to shine them up again.
... but then again, my tires only have brown spots when I use the Rim cleaner and it over sprays onto the tires when I'm hosing it off.
Look on the ingredients list for --> Petroleum distillates = breaks down rubber.

·
Banned
574 Posts
I use Westley's Bleach White and a good stiff tire brush. It takes ALL the dirt and brown out. Then I dress with Meguires. That lasts weeks. LOVE Meguires Endurance! :eek:k3: (Smells like grapes too:wink:)
I had to fail a vehicle's state inspection because the tires smelled like grapes.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I had to fail a vehicle's state inspection because the tires smelled like grapes.
:dunno: I have never heard of a vehicle failing state inspection because it smell like fruit or anything else for that matter. They, in my opinion, would rather pass one smelling like fresh fruit instead of inspecting one that works on a ranch and is around a lot of manure all day every day of the week.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Look on the ingredients list for --> Petroleum distillates = breaks down rubber.

Unless you have a car that sits in a show room, I'm pretty sure any product that "breaks down rubber" won't decay the tire as quickly as normal driving conditions.

Me personally, I'll bald my tires out just from the way I take corners before that stuff eats a hole in the side. :eek:k3:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts

·
Banned
574 Posts
Petroleum distillates, (oil), wont eat a hole in the side of your tire, but it can cause premature cracking of the rubber, which is not only unattractive looking but could become a safety issue.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts