Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanna shade my headlights a wee bit to blend in with my black 06ss also I am gunna get a hid kit, anyone know what ones I should get?? 8000k?? Help please
Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
i would def go with the 8k hids i have a 6k and 8k on my 06 ltz i just have different watt on them 35 watt on the lows and 55 on highs i got mine from here from a dealer cost me close to 250$ for both but go to their site its way cheaper http://www.ddmtuning.com/ and for the tint try vht night shades for spray or take it to get tinted

·
Registered
290 Posts
Rvinyl.com makes a film you can put on the lights. Then if you don't like it or if its to dark it will peel off. It is a pain in the butt to install smooth. Pay attention to the youtube videos and use a heat gun or good hairdrier.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My headlights are already tinted, I was just wondering what hid kit would be the best to be shining through. Ill probley go 8000k

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Got a pic of your headlights? Been thinkin bout doin it. But Idk yet.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
My headlights are already tinted, I was just wondering what hid kit would be the best to be shining through. Ill probley go 8000k
I'd say 6k.....After 6k it starts to get a blue hint. 5-6k is pure white, which will shine best. It IS the brightest as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah definitely interested in a pic of your headlights. How many coats did you put on? How did it affect visibility? Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I am confused... :

"So I wanna shade my headlights a wee bit to blend in with my black 06ss" 5/20/11 2:01 am

"My headlights are already tinted, I was just wondering what hid kit would be the best to be shining through" 5/20/11 3:11 pm

Did you shade/tint them between posts on the 20th?

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
05-19-2011, 10:01 PM was when he first asked....

05-20-2011, 11:11 AM was when he said he already did it.....

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Hell I'm half Mexican. I think I might could have done It that fast. Maybe.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol, I was trying to say I Wanted HID's Cause i Already STARTED to shade them, There is One coat and it looks very blotchy/dirty right Now I was asking about what HID Kit to get/Brightness and all that. Lol Maybe i drank a lil that night too haha

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Musta done something. Haha. But, as we stated before. Any pics? Really been thinkin about doing this myself.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Cheers to us halfbreeds as my mom calls me. HAha. :beer:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts