Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a black 2011 ls fleet,.....with black (ebony) interior, what is the best tint? and im from atl, ga... Does the black interior affect the %?

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Black interior won't affect the % of the tint, but it will make it look darker. However, the black paint tends to make the tint look lighter. I do not know GA tint laws, however, if I were in your position, I'd go 20% all around. From what I've seen in and around Atlanta, 20% seems to be the norm.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The tint laws in TX used to be no less than 5% on the front windows. I just got my tint in with lighter than that on front and the law changed like right after allowing darker on front...lol dang it...it was onix tint(like over $400). Got it hooked up for $160 installed. Still I will not be changing it anytime soon.

·
Registered
171 Posts
As a heads up. Georgia law is no less that 32% on all windows (windshield tint prohibited). I've been running 15% for two years and got ticketed once going through a checkpoint

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
thanks for the advice everyone.... ima go with 20%...:eek:k3:
Good choice. :eek:k3: I like the look of 5% but its f***ing impossible to see out at night, and the harassment from the 5-0 just ain't worth it. 20% is the happy medium between being too dark to see out and being dark enough to look good imo.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
20% should look good. I had 15% all the way around on my 2002 untill i got pulled over for it. They got me at 3am and searched my vehicle. It was about 25 degrees out and they tore everything apart. Me and my girlfriend were stuck on the side of the road with $150 worth of groceries freezing our asses off for over an hour. They ended up confiscating my 9mm since i'm only 19. After all was said and done i had to pull the tint off the front windows. The underage possession of a loaded concealed handgun charges were dropped thanks to my connections :) . Now all thats left is to get the front windows tinted again.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
20% should look good. I had 15% all the way around on my 2002 untill i got pulled over for it. They got me at 3am and searched my vehicle. It was about 25 degrees out and they tore everything apart. Me and my girlfriend were stuck on the side of the road with $150 worth of groceries freezing our asses off for over an hour. They ended up confiscating my 9mm since i'm only 19. After all was said and done i had to pull the tint off the front windows. The underage possession of a loaded concealed handgun charges were dropped thanks to my connections :) . Now all thats left is to get the front windows tinted again.
and i got my 9mm back!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
how the hell did that happen? wow

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

Loaded, Concealed, and underage? Your lucky you didn't get arrested! So they found the 9mm when they did the search? You know everything about that is illegal. Sorry if I was that cop I would have thrown you in jail. :eek:k3:

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
You can't own a handgun at 18 where you live?

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Handguns are 21. Rifles are 18.

I'm pretty sure thats nation-wide

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
West Virginia 18 Y/O §61-7-8
This is the minimum age for possessing and transporting a handgun unloaded and secured in a vehicle
without any type of permit/license to carry firearms.
Note: In some states Possession and Transportation CAN be very restrictive in that you can ONLY
possess and transport a handgun to and from a Shooting Range, Gun Shop, property you own or other
places you can legally possess a handgun. Some states do not have this restriction.
This is not the last word on possession and transporting of handguns in this, or any other state. Study your
state law further for more information. See “RV/Car Carry” Section Above for more information.

you can carry, just can't be loaded or concealed :eek:k3:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
you can carry, just can't be loaded or concealed :eek:k3:
Which yours was :eek:k3: Multiple laws you broke their. Loaded, concealed, and not advising the officer of it right at the beginning. Instead the officer found it. So lucky you didn't end up in jail.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Which yours was :eek:k3: Multiple laws you broke their. Loaded, concealed, and not advising the officer of it right at the beginning. Instead the officer found it. So lucky you didn't end up in jail.
I know, I follow the rules now... It stays unloaded and I toss it in the back seat while driving (still easy access... ) leave the clip in the back seat pouch. Anytime I park its hidden tho or taken with me...

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I know, I follow the rules now... It stays unloaded and I toss it in the back seat while driving (still easy access... ) leave the clip in the back seat pouch. Anytime I park its hidden tho or taken with me...

Glad to hear! Whats the point of carrying an unloaded gun? Get a concealed carry license :eek:k3:

I know personal protection. But, by the time you get your clip out, load the clip, and chamber around, I could have stabbed or slit you with my razor sharp kershaw knife which, is legal to carry just about anywhere. Worst come's to worst I grab my 2" dagger that is lashed to the backside of my belt. Not saying I would attack someone but, if I had to protect myself, I could in a very short amount of time.

I plan to as soon as I get out of my parents house. They do not like guns and will not allow one in the house. Too many grand kids come around the house

1 - 20 of 80 Posts