Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all.
‘13 LTZ 124k. I know the timing chain issues with these engines can be a nightmare, so I had a few question. I always change my oil and keep it topped off, as it uses a lot. I haven’t had the dreaded cam/crank codes, but I heard you can monitor something in live data on a scan tool that can give you an idea if they’re starting to stretch. What is it? Cam/crank Correlation? I forget exactly What it was but it’s supposed to give you a good idea if they’re starting to stretch.. I ask because if they’re going bad I’m going to dump the car before the codes trip. If not I’m going to sink the money into an elite engineering catch can and do an induction service. With that said, has anyone done an induction service through the MAP sensor? Sorry for all the questions.. Any thoughts on this or ways to tell the health of the timing chains would be appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
After 2012, as long as you are changing the oil on time and making sure it does go low, there are no chain issues, atleast on sedans, not sure about the Lambda SUV's. I have 182K on my 12 LTZ and no chain issues,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts