Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if its possible to use shortened dog bones on a stock height Impala. I have 1 bad dog bone bushing and I want to just get a set of Wbody store shortened dog bones. Has anybody done this without lowering. Will I run into problems?

Shortened Dogbones

Attachments

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Lowering is not necessary to run shortened dog bones. Flipping the dog bones also shortens the distance between the cross member and engine. I have seen plenty of people do this on stock ride height with no problems. You will likely have to use a ratchet strap to pull the engine that much further forward. Or do one at a time and pull on the engine cover mount or w/e. We discussed that before as you should remember.

Reactions: SCOTTYINWV

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember the discussion about spark plugs and pulling it forward, just didn't know if it was safe to run it shorter at stock height. Thank you for clarifying this for me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What is the purpose of running shorter ones?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
What is the purpose of running shorter ones?
Transfers more weight to the front, offers better traction on hole shots, and better oil pick-up in the pan.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Transfers more weight to the front, offers better traction on hole shots, and better oil pick-up in the pan.
Alright sounds good I'll have to go pick some up off a Montana

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can get a set for $24 from the Wbody store new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts