Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing of these new gens I find lags (not all the time) is the throttle response. Spent some time and found some aftermarket replacement throttle response modules. Anyone have one installed in their Impala? How much of an improvement did you see?

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
One thing of these new gens I find lags (not all the time) is the throttle response. Spent some time and found some aftermarket replacement throttle response modules. Anyone have one installed in their Impala? How much of an improvement did you see?
Holy crap, for that price just get a tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I gotta ask though... Even though I'm pretty sure I know the answer. Does the Trifecta void your warranty?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I gotta ask though... Even though I'm pretty sure I know the answer. Does the Trifecta void your warranty?
Technically it could, however, they have a transparent write system that does not leave a trace of it. If something were to go wrong you could just flash back to the stock file that you save while setting it up and the dealer or gm would have no idea about it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Check Out Vitessemotorsports.com I have one of their throttle controllers on my Camaro and it's great. I'm thinking about one for my LTZ, but I drive it like a Granny anyway. Trifecta tunes are 100% detectable by the dealership and yes it would void the warranty, I know Trifecta says it's not,but.....
1. Your link directs to a website a 3 year old designed or is dead.
2. Yes Trifecta is detectable if you leave it on there when going for service. If you remove it they would have no way of knowing.

Edit: After googling I have found the site you mentioned, it is www.vitesse-motorsports.com At 180 bucks the device they have listed is more along the original lines of the OPs request but unfortunately the product is listed as out of stock.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
We had a pretty long discussion about that throttle controller a while ago. Basically, all that it does is change the sensitivity of the gas pedal. You are MUCH better off going with a full tune - and the Trifecta tune is not detectable if you revert back to stock before you go to a dealership, like mentioned above... It doesn't alter the tune "counter" or the "checksum", so there is no way that the dealership can detect that it was ever in place. If someone has some evidence that proves otherwise, please do share. :)

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
problem with a tune is I had a power steering failure--showed up on screen and everything.
had a tune on it, so I reverted back/took it off.
brought to dealer---(of course the steering was now working again) they said: "there are no codes or errors on this computer"
no repair done

I could be wrong, but it seems reverting it back to stock clears the codes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. Your link directs to a website a 3 year old designed or is dead.
2. Yes Trifecta is detectable if you leave it on there when going for service. If you remove it they would have no way of knowing.

Edit: After googling I have found the site you mentioned, it is Welcome to VITESSE MOTORSPORTS At 180 bucks the device they have listed is more along the original lines of the OPs request but unfortunately the product is listed as out of stock.
I don't make them or work there, so I have no control over their business practices or website. I didn't post a link, I was just giving the name to the best of knowledge. So you breakdown in the middle of the night and the car gets towed to the dealership for repair, you forget to,or don't take the time to return it to stock and the dealer has it in the shop when you remember the tune.....?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I don't make them or work there, so I have no control over their business practices or website. I didn't post a link, I was just giving the name to the best of knowledge. So you breakdown in the middle of the night and the car gets towed to the dealership for repair, you forget to,or don't take the time to return it to stock and the dealer has it in the shop when you remember the tune.....?
Since we are into hypotheticals, if your car breaks down on the side of the road and have it towed to the dealer a "catch" can would be a violation of warranty too. If you are so worried than maybe a tune is not for you, I simply replied with it to show the OP that there were better options for $350.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The one on Welcome to VITESSE MOTORSPORTS for $179 seems like a good deal, but like Jtrosky said, all they do is adjust the pedal sensitivity. I have read somewhere before that those are scam devices that cost a lot. On that site it mentions a bunch of settings from sport and economy. I really never had one so I have no idea if they work or not.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I took my impala to get an oil change yesterday and they told me i might have to clean or check the throttle body. My car does feel sluggish when i gun it sometimes. Also, when im sitting at a red light sometimes it will idle weird like a little jump or misfire. When i really want to pass a car or take off i have to thibk about it twice. Idk why but i feel like every car gets like this after their first couple thousand miles. My car now has 57k miles its a 2014 ltz and idk what would be my best option. Should i just clean it?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
I took my impala to get an oil change yesterday and they told me i might have to clean or check the throttle body. My car does feel sluggish when i gun it sometimes. Also, when im sitting at a red light sometimes it will idle weird like a little jump or misfire. When i really want to pass a car or take off i have to thibk about it twice. Idk why but i feel like every car gets like this after their first couple thousand miles. My car now has 57k miles its a 2014 ltz and idk what would be my best option. Should i just clean it?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Couldn't hurt

·
Super Moderator
10,948 Posts
Unhook the battery for 5 minutes and then drive it like you stole so it can relearn ?

Might help with some of it.

·
Super Moderator
10,948 Posts
Unhook the battery for 5 minutes and then drive it like you stole so it can relearn ?

Might help with some of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but trifecta tunes are detectable. The dealer can be fooled if you returned it back to stock, but they can send a data dump to GM and they can detect it. They have to have a reason to check, though. How do I know? Retired service manager and I had a customer with a trifecta tune on a Camaro try to lemon law a car that be beat the hell out of. Takes a special kind of a-hole to trash a car and try to make someone else pay for it.
Anyway- any time you flash it- it leaves a trace that can be detected. The obvious tells like the counter and checksum aren't the only tell-tales.
There is no blanket "warranty voided" kinds of simple mods. A catch can doesn't "void your warranty" but it CAN cause you a problem if you claim there is a failure, caused by a defect on the same system on the car that has been modded. Let's say your water pump fails- a catch can is unrelated, so no warranty issues. The burden of proof is on the provider of the warranty to prove a mod caused a problem.
The Vitesse throttle controller does nothing more than electronically push the pedal down farther for you. The claims that it moves the throttle plate faster are false. I have one in my Camaro as a novelty, but it's nothing more than that. It's also available direct from China without the brand name on it for $30.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts