Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in my daughters' 2010 3.5 LT, after we put the transmission in, I noticed (not saying it was or wasn't there before the trans work, I don't know) in Torque Pro that the throttle range is from 22% - ~83%. Because I know the battery was disconnected, I figured giving the relearn process where it idles for three minutes, off for a minute, and runs another three minutes wouldn't hurt. It didn't help. I'm unsure if maybe the TPS is reading wonky or if the pedal is a problem. I did not have time to do much research or trouble shooting. She has the car back now, so I'm away from it. I also noted that the ending load was up over 60%. Running down the highway with the cruise set around 75mph, this load number is far to high. Anyone have any thoughts or need further information to get me pointed in the right direction?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumpity bump. Still haven't come up with anything on my own, yet...would a dealer be able to help on this? I know they'll wanna have me bring it in...car is 700 miles away. LOL

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
There are a few different throttle-related PIDs that will give slightly different results (it's been a few years, but I seem to remember there being one for "relative" position, one for "absolute" position, etc), but I definitely remember the throttle reading being accurate on my 2012 Impala. I completely agree that a 63% engine load at 75mph with cruise on is way too high. Are the RPM's really high as well? Almost sounds like the trans is in the wrong gear and/or the torque converter is not locking? I only have first-hand experience with the 3.6L/6-speed combo, but even with the 3.5L/4-speed combo, 63% definitely sounds high.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is in 4th gear with the TC locked. From what I recall, 75mph was just over 2000 rpm. Because the car is now 700 miles away, I'm going to have my daughter disconnect the battery again, let it sit overnight, reconnect, and do the manual relearn again. Barring that, I would guess that the TPS is bad. There are no DTCs on this, so I'm not lead to believe that anything is amiss outside the relearn.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
I believe there is a "drive cycle" that the car needs to go through in addition to the " relearn " you speak of. Its a pretty comprehensive procedure IIRC. It involves the catalyst, evap, fuel tank pressure, etc etc. I think there is even a refueling event it looks for as well. Maybe make sure the drive cycle was complete first before firing the parts cannon .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts