Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an O4 Impala SS, I am curious if anyone has installed a throttle body spacer on the SS and if so...hows the performance and do you hear a lot more winding noise when romping on the gas pedal...let me know, thanks

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
IMO, waste unless your going to tap it and use it to spray meth/no2. In theory its a great idea, keep the tb off the hot blower and keep it cooler so your air intake temps stay lower, but AFAIK, no one has seen any real gains from it. If you really want that blower to scream, take it off, and block off the silencer ports (circled)

ps thats a gen V w/o the snout incase you were wondering why it looks different

or do the same but find a blower off an 04+ GP GTP (gen V eaton m90). you'll need an adapter to get your tb to work ( newer ones are driveby wire) or grab ZZP's billet TB ($400), OR a northstar TB + adapter plate + 85mm MAF + cai/fwi

then you'll really hear the blower LOL

·
Registered
358 Posts
04detroitls what would you block them off with.

·
Registered
358 Posts
ya i thought about it coming loose also. well i gues the blower screams loud enough with the fenderwell intake. i love the look on peoples faces when i floor it, its like when a puppy hears somthing it never has before (priceless).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts