Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was cleaning the throttle body yesterday and when i was putting back the second cable on the throttle the little black clip is broken. here is a pic of the cable i am talking about:

now my question is that i don't know what the cable is for. i know the other cable is for the foot pedal but not the second one for what i broke. i think its for start up i think. can someone help

now the second question is that when i was cleaning the throttle body i found this honey comb filter on the TB and it has dents and dings in it and i know that if messing up the air flow and was wondering where i could get a replacement part. here is some pics:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Is this the 3800? If so, ACdelco part number 2171425

Rockauto.com has them for $18

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thanks for a quick response i tried looking up that screen locally but could not find one so i ordered the one from rockauto. thanks for the look up.

and i need to replace that clip but for right now i just have it holding on by zip ties. so i tried looking up on rock auto but could not find one. what would this part be classified under?

and since i am talking about it i am having a problem on start up. most of you guys know that on these cars when you turn the key to the start position and quick back to ON position the car tries to start on its own until it goes. tell my is stumbling a bit, it will start but the rpms will drop all the way to like 100rpm then shoot back up to 1,200rpm really fast or sometimes it will die any thoughts?

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
i know the 8th gens have problems with the throttle body going bad and cause the problems your explaining but i dont know if the 7th gens have the same problem.

im sure someone with a 7th gen will chime in here and help you out.

also can you tell us what year and what motor and how many miles your car has?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i did not take off the TB fully because i was running out of time but before the flap is all really clean only dirty part of course is after the flap but it did not look that bad. and plus it feels like its sticking too when you open the flap with the throttle cable

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Could be a faulty Idle Air Control or Throttle Position sensor giving false readings. Did you take the IAC off? Was the pin stuck out? If it was clean it and see if it move's. If it doesn't, replace it. Do NOT force the IAC pin back into the valve.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh sorry i meant to say that earlier but i did change out the IAC. but i have not tested the TPS yet still looking for the cruise control cable replacement

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
It isn't the same throttle body issue as the 8th gens, the 8th gen is an electronic drive-by-wire, the 7th gen is traditional cable operated. That being said, it could still be a tps issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no look at the second pics thats the cruise control cable holder that broke i need to replace it because now i don't have cruise control. and i don't know where to get the cable from

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts